11.18.2012

Lazy Weekend

Yesterday was the first day of my Thanksgiving Break. Sure I already have a to-do list planned out of everything I want to accomplish this week (multiple doctor's appointments, a play-date, the obvious turkey and pie fest, addressing Christmas cards, procrastinating about the schoolwork I brought home). But I just couldn't get started on it yesterday. I needed a day, one day, to just lay on the couch and be lazy. So I finished reading this page turner. At times grisly, at times hard to keep up with (SO many characters), it remained fascinating to the last page. In fact, it is one of those books that made me want to learn more once the story was over. It's a true account of the 1893 Chicago World's Fair and simultaneously the story of one of America's first serial killers. Even if serial killing is not your thing (and I sincerely hope it's not), this historical account of life during that time period and the extraordinary effort it took to create the World's Fair will keep you turning the pages.

While I was busy soaking in some history, Matt and Violet were busy putting together an early Christmas present. Violet proved herself quite the handyman!

Holding it steady.

Line it up there...

Yup, it's level!

Three subtleties you might not have picked up from these pictures, but a) my house is messy! b) Matt is growing his traditional winter beard. c) Violet is out of her sling! (It's been three weeks since the accident, so we've set her left arm free and will wait for Wednesday's ortho appointment to see how everything has healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...