6.17.2012

Happy Father's Day!

Violet would just like to say that she thinks her dad is pretty awesome. I would like to agree.

Gimme a D...

Gimme an A...

Gimme a D...

Matt, you really are an awesome dad. I love how you are so hands-on with Violet. I often find you two in in the playroom putting together puzzles or kicking the ball to each other. (That gives me hope for tea parties to come!) You always think of new things to teach Violet, be it vocabulary words or ball throwing technique. You are lenient enough to let her get away with skipping a bath now and then, but firm when it matters, like finishing dinner or saying "thank you".

I secretly love when she insists you be the one to brush her teeth or get her up in the morning, and not just because it gets me off the hook for a few minutes - it's obvious how much our little girl adores you!

You never seem to mind when I'm off for book club or girls' night and you're home with Violet. I always return to a happy baby and hubby, even if Violet refused her nap or begged for 18 snacks. You love sharing those hilarious details of her day and you can't hide how proud you are when she shows off her latest feats - like singing all the lyrics to Bert and Ernie's "But I Like You" song with you.

Thanks for being such a great dad - we love you! Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...