1.12.2010

Super Quick Update

So I had all these big plans for an update, including pictures of the progress being made on the house (namely, my awesome new shoe rack). But I packed the camera cord. And tomorrow is moving day, meaning I'll lose the internet. And the darlings at Comcast and/or Direct TV (we haven't decided who to grace with our presence) can't set up new service for at least a week. So here is a little update to say... you probably won't hear from us in a while.

In the meantime: I met some neighbors when UPS left their package on our doorstep. It was their daughter's sixth birthday party, but they took the time to say welcome to the neighborhood. Very nice.

Every time we go to the house, it feels more and more like our new home, rather than just this empty building we owe lots of money on. And now that mail has started arriving with our names on the envelope, it has gotten even more real. Granted, most of it is junk mail. But the beautiful Shelly wins the prize for being the first person to send me a letter (and totally unexpected but much appreciated Target gift card!! That girl knows me!) at our new address. I took a picture of it with all intentions of posting it here, but alas. I'll try to get it up at some point. Thanks Shelly! I love you! If my stupid fridge was magnetic, I'd totally have your card up there for all to see. I promise to buy something pretty with the gift card if you promise to come visit and see it in person.

Today we have an appointment with a pediatrician. Apparently you have to have a pediatrician picked out before the baby is even born! Who knew? Just another fun fact I learned at our first childbirth class (WAY more on that later). But anyway, we're off to meet with one, located ever so conveniently to the house. I'm sure they'll be just lovely.

Alright, I'm off. Hopefully the move will go smoothly and quickly, and we'll get internet/cable back soon. I'll be in touch! Wish us luck!

PS Confession time. We are leaving a tv and Tivo in the apartment for the next week so we can record all the shows we're missing during the Dark Ages. How pathetic am I? But I don't care. I'm missing all my regularly scheduled programming, plus the Golden Globes! That's pretty much my Superbowl. Or at least my National Championship. So if it takes me a few extra days to get back on the blog, it's only because I've passed out in front of the tv trying to catch up with what I've missed.

1 comment:

  1. These posts are greatness! And, I love that my wife gets props for being the first person to send something.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...