1.22.2010

Grab your umbrella, there's been a shower!

Dear Friends, tonight is Conan O'Brien's last Tonight Show. I'm planning a viewing party. And by party, I mean Matt and I will attempt to stay up late enough to watch it live and drink hot Coco (get it?) in honor of the man, the myth, the memories.
But on to happier things. First off, I guess I haven't watched the blog poll in a while, because I was shocked today to see how far up Winston Churchill has climbed! Also, a very quick shout-out to some of my "fans" who confessed to actually reading and enjoying this little thing last Saturday at the baby shower. Hello ladies! And finally (this might drive all those said readers away, but all in the name of full disclosure) there has been a request to post the picture of Spooky's boyfriend. If you'd prefer not to see it... close your eyes and scroll down, I guess.

(I pulled his pants up for the picture.)

Ahem. Moving on. Last Saturday, my dear mom and mother-in-law threw me a shower. It was fabulous, from the handmade invitations to the ridiculously delicious cake! It was wonderful to be surrounded by so many people who already love baby Violet. And she sure is one lucky girl... we came away with all manner of lovely gifts, from the practical and much needed to the simply cute. Many thanks to all who came and helped celebrate.
33 weeks at the shower. Lee Anne bought me this dress. She has good taste, no? Still, the number one comment I heard was "you barely look pregnant!" Dude. People. There might not be a basketball under there, but it's at least a pineapple.
And how fabulous is this flower arrangement? So cute! My moms have the craftiest friends. And the best part is, I can reuse the basket!
Danielle (Violet's Godmother) me and my sister Bhavana before the present opening commences.

The quilt for the nursery!

It suddenly hit me this week that I'm 34 weeks along. Meaning I only have six weeks to go. That is NOT a lot of time. Now there seem to be all these things I need to do and I'm just hoping I have time for them all. Finishing the nursery, washing Violet's clothes, packing a bag for the hospital, stocking up on bagels so I can carbo-load before being admitted, breaking the news to Spooky that life is about to change, practicing with my new video camera (which will NOT be used during the birth), so on and so forth. Then there are all sorts of regular life things going on, like dentist appointments and book club meetings and Super Baby Bowl parties. Oh yeah, and somewhere along the way, I turn 29. Yet in between all this, I still find time to be completely obsessed with West Wing reruns...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...