1.20.2010

I'm back! But where's the pie?

Hello friends! I've missed you! The Dark Ages were dark indeed. But I'm happy to say I'm currently indulging in two of my favorite pastimes: watching tv and checking the internet. I will say, I was far more productive before we got plugged in. Yesterday by 10:30 a.m. I had showered, dressed, made a return to Target, stopped by Office Depot and was halfway through grocery shopping. Today at 10:30 I was still in my pj's, teeth unbrushed, glued to the laptop catching up with all the snarky Golden Globes fashion comments I missed over at www.gofugyourself.com. Thank goodness I managed to get so much done before. The house is in decent shape. I spent a lovely four hours arranging my bookshelves, we're slowly remembering where the various dishes and utensils have ended up in the kitchen and we (my proudest accomplishment) have actually eaten dinner at the table every night since we moved in! No more eating on the couch in front of the tv for us! Of course, now that the tv actually turns on, it might be a different story. Stay tuned.

So some quick updates. Matt finally shaved the beard. I discovered my first stretch mark. My parents finally visited the house and loved it. The cat has yet to throw up. Although she's obsessed with carrying her boyfriend from room to room, accompanied by the most awful yowling. Her boyfriend is this little stuffed dude wearing a shirt saying "World's Sexiest Lover" and a pair of boxers with hearts that mysteriously won't stay up. She is totally devoted, despite the fact that he doesn't have much of a face anymore. (NOTE: I totally planned to take a picture of her boyfriend and post it here, but the photo was so freaking creepy that I just couldn't do it. Trust me, it's for your own good.)

So here's a question for you. When do the neighbors show up on my doorstep bearing pie? Or does that not really happen anymore? I'm not saying I need to be living next door to Martha Stewart or anything. In fact, that would be rather intimidating, although terribly convenient when it comes time to wrap Christmas presents next year. But I was really hoping someone would stop by to introduce themselves, welcome us to the neighborhood, the like. Instead I'm reduced to skulking around the neighborhood message board, discovering what celebrities reside down the street through means of internet stalking. I could, of course, invent some excuse to knock on the neighbor's door. The old "can I borrow a cup of sugar?" routine, perhaps. We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. How about you bake the pie and take it to your neighbors instead? Not only will you become the new neighborhood favorite, but you may even draw comparisons to Martha Stewart yourself. Below is a sample conversation between neighbors from either side:

    Neighbor from the right: "By any chance, did our new neighbor bring you a pie/cake/(insert sugary, intoxicating deliciousness here)?"

    Neighbor to the left: "Yes! And let me tell you, it was the best thing I've had this decade!"

    NttR: "Same here! Not only is she the cutest pregnant woman I've ever seen, but she's also a fantastic baker/homemaker/fashionista extraordinaire!"

    NttL: "I totally agree. We should be sure to invite their family to all our neighborhood parties - I think they'll add something we've been missing. Also I'm going to offer to let them use our swing set anytime they want so they don't have to buy their own."

    Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, this is a good idea. Operation Woo the Neighbors is officially on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...