6.17.2011

While Daddy's Away

Matt was out of town on business this week, so to break up the boredom, Violet and I headed south to visit with the grandparents. Single parenting is tough, ya'll. I have all the respect in the world for those who do it. At the end of each day, I was exhausted, but I stayed up an hour or two despite my desperate need for sleep because it was the only time all day that I had to myself. To shower. To watch something other than Sesame Street. To think.

Anyway, enough about me. One of the highlights of our little trip was meeting baby Jackson, first child of our good friends, Brian and Kelly. He is a munchkin! Seeing him in all his four-month-old glory, it is hard to imagine Violet was ever that small. As sweet as babies are, wow are they vastly more interesting as they get older. It really makes me appreciate Violet's age all the more. I am loving this stage in her development!

Such a cougar!
It was also great talking to a fellow new mom. Kelly is the first of our group to have kids after us, and it was so refreshing to have someone to swap war stories with. It's a relief to know I'm not the only one who experienced some of the new mom thoughts and feelings. Plus it's just nice to see friends and have adult conversations for once! There's only so many times I can sing Itsy Bitsy Spider without wanting to poke my eye out.


Next we had some pool time at Grandma's house. The grandmas brought  up a little splash pool for Violet to play with at our house, but she didn't really seem to love getting in like I thought she would. But she loves her ducky bathtub and totally understands how to sit and splash in it. So it has become our new backyard pool. That's not too redneck, is it?


Other only-in-Peachtree City activities included the requisite golf cart ride that Violet enjoyed perhaps a little too much. First she decided she wanted to drive. Then she decided she was just going to move in and live in the golf cart in the garage. Finally I managed to get her back to Mimi's house, only to have her drag me by the hand through the yard and across the street before I realized she was beelining it for the neighbor's cart. Girlfriend was brokenhearted when I had to explain we couldn't get in the golf cart, that the strangers across the road probably wouldn't appreciate her taking such brash ownership of it.

Only ten years and counting before she's allowed to drive one!

One morning we took a stroll to Lake Peachtree to hang out with the ducks. Don't I come from a beautiful part of the world?

"Dut!"

Lake Peachtree
Finally it was time to head back north, but not without a final meal. I've discovered that Violet loves corn on the cob. Can't you tell?

Can't think of a caption hilarious enough to capture her expression... Feel free to contribute!

2 comments:

  1. Caption for the corn on the cob photo:

    "num num num num num..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made the blog!! Yay!! We had a great time visiting ya'll. We can't wait to catch up again later this summer.

    ~Kelly & Jackson

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...