11.06.2013

Six Weeks


I can't believe it's been six weeks already! I don't have a newborn anymore, I have a full-fledged baby. And my maternity leave is half over. The time has just flown by and I am drinking in these days.

We had a busy day yesterday. Once I dropped Violet off at school, it was time for Annie to eat, so we plopped ourselves down in the infant room. It was great getting to see the place where Annie will be headed come January. I got to meet the teachers and see how things are done. Annie loved it! She was so alert, looking around the room at all the bright colors. And it was fun to see the other babies and look forward to everything Annelise will be doing soon.

After an hour in the infant room, we packed up and headed over to my school. It was picture make-up day, and since I missed the initial yearbook picture day, I figured I'd pop in and get it done. Then I headed down the hall to surprise my class. They were so excited to see us! They loved the baby, of course. I was showered with hugs and smiles and I was surprised to find myself actually excited to see them too. Already the boys and girls look so much more grown up than when I left them six weeks ago.


From there we headed over to the educational center to get Violet registered with the county so she can be evaluated for speech. She definitely needs it and I'm hoping to get her in now, as opposed to waiting until kindergarten. It's one of those things that was on my must-do-during-maternity-leave list, so I'm glad I finally got it crossed off. We have to wait for our evaluation appointment now.



That afternoon, my brother came up to hang out. Matt was out of town, and I always feel more comfortable when someone else is in the house with me. (Don't even get me started on the zombie nightmare I had the night before!) So he agreed to crash on the couch. It is so fun to see the relationship between Violet and Lukas blossoming. She used to be fairly shy around him, but now she can't wait to play and roughhouse with him.

So as you can tell, we keep busy around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...