11.22.2013

Pain in the Neck


Annie started physical therapy with Marla yesterday. Love that Marla. She is so good at what she does. I wasn't sure what to expect, but for her first session, I think Annie did really well. As in, she wasn't crying the whole time, which was my fear. Of course, she certainly expressed her discomfort at times, but Marla was so sweet and gentle with her.


Matt and I learned some different stretching exercises we can do as "homework" until our next session. I made Marla rate Annie's case on a scale of 1 to 10, ten being "the worst I've ever seen" and one being "there's nothing wrong with your child, you're just paranoid!" Annie came in at a four. I'll definitely take it.


Riding in the carseat is one of the times Annie slumps the most, so we experimented with various propping techniques to keep her in the right position. I don't think she was so thrilled. But therapy wore her out so much, sweet girl took the longest power nap afterwards. Marla called it a side benefit of the session. So there you have it. We are on our way to getting all the kinks worked out of this neck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...