11.16.2011

To Do List

So Matt and I are closet nerds. There, I admitted it (and outed Matt... sorry hubs). But the fact remains that we happen to enjoy watching a documentary every now and then. We've been known to DVR shows that detail the history of our national parks. We're plowing through ESPN's 30 for 30 sports documentary series. And we love watching GPB's Georgia Traveler. The show is exactly what it sounds like - each week the hosts travel to a different Georgia location and showcase the wonders it has to offer. There are the touristy spots, and then the random off-the-beaten-track places no one has ever heard of. But it's always interesting.

This week highlighted two things I just had to share. The first is the Savannah Slow Ride. The next time I am in this fair city, I am so totally doing this. It's almost enough to plan an entire trip around! How fun does this tour look?

Particularly loving the guy who brought his bike helmet! (via Savannah Slow Ride)

That's right, it's a bicycle built for... 12! Everyone pedals to power this unique tour bus...er, bike... around the city. You can even bring your lunch along! Genius! Who's with me? There's a group discount!

And for something a little closer to home (well, my home), allow me to present The Four Coursemen. This group of friends gets together twice a month and throws a dinner party that you are invited to. They use local, sustainable ingredients and unique wine pairings for a creative, ever-changing menu. Sign up and you'll get an email letting you know when reservations are open (and with only 28 seats, they fill up fast). Again I say to you... who's with me?!

1 comment:

  1. OMG - this bicycle for 12 is called the PediPub in Minneapolis! My friends did it for a birthday one Saturday afternoon. They brought on a keg and cycled through the route they were given. http://www.pedalpub.com/twincities/index.htm
    If you are ever in Savannah when we are we are totally there with you! Tim's mom can watch the girls!
    Also, Georgia Traveler was one if our favorites too! We DVR'd it every week as well!
    Lastly, we also love 30 on 30 - it's one of the few times I enjoy watching ESPN!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...