11.11.2011

Chatter


My Noodlehead here is becoming quite the talker. As if you needed any reminders. But lately, the words have been strung together in the beginning stages of sentence formation. One of her favorite sayings is "I did that!" which she utters every time Daddy lets her push the button to close the garage door. Another frequently heard sentence is "I bumped my ___ " (head, elbow, eye, hair, knee, you name it). These boo-boos are easily fixed with a kiss from one of us doting parents. It's amazing the power a kiss can have.

Violet is also becoming quite possessive. Everything is "Violet's milk" or "Violet's night-night" or "Violet's da-da". I'm told it's a stage... that will last for years.

Another favorite topic of conversation is stating the obvious. "Mama all done," she tells me, pointing at my empty plate. Yep, I'm all done. "Da-da ah ah-house" (Daddy's at our house) is repeated to me in the car every day on the way home. (In the morning, it's "Da-da wup" - Daddy's at work). I guess it's just her way of processing what is going on in the world around her. She's figuring it all out and letting us know that she's onto something.



PS Thanksgiving is coming up, and with it the lists we inevitably make where we keep track of all the little blessings we've collected throughout the year. Some of my friends are posting one thing they're thankful for each day, and while I'm not nearly organized enough to do that, I did want to mention one thing... I am so thankful for health this year. Last year kicked our butts, the entire collective family. Violet was down with multiple ear infections, I missed work with my own illnesses, poor Matt got attack by all our germs and suffered the consequences. But this year, our immunity has been built up and God is protecting us because no one has missed a day of school yet. And I am so thankful for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...