11.22.2011

I Did That!

One of Violet's favorite phrases these days is "I did that!" Well, now it's my turn to show you what I did. And excuse me for being overly proud of myself (my feeling of accomplishment is probably not in equal ratio to what I actually made, but coming from a self-admitted non-crafty person, I'm insanely proud of myself).

I saw this wreath made from torn pages of a book (a popular DIY material, apparently) on Pintrest, fell in love, decided to try it for myself, actually tried it (and this is important because normally I just say I'm going to attempt something but am too chicken to do it), and it worked.

May I present to you... my wreath.




I haven't quite decided where to hang it yet, so I just found an existing nail and stuck it up so I could get the full effect. Love it! The tutorial on how to make one yourself is here.

It was actually pretty simple, once I got myself going. Like the tutorial suggested, I bought a book from the Dollar Store. A foam wreath was purchased at Michael's. A glue gun was procured from Wal-mart (since I forgot mine at school) and then another glue gun was purchased in a late night run to Target (since I bought the wrong sized glue sticks for the first one)... honestly, gathering the supplies was the biggest ordeal in the whole project.

Then I settled in front of the tv and got to gluing. The initial layers burned the crap out of my fingers. And the whole thing looked so raggedy that I was seriously contemplating throwing in the towel (hence no in-progress pictures). But one of my goals over the Thanksgiving break was finishing the darned thing, and I'm glad I did. Filling in the gaps proved much more rewarding than laying the foundation, and this last stage flew by (aided by A Muppet Christmas Carol). Now I just have to find the perfect place for my new masterpiece!


4 comments:

  1. I love it!!! It's perfect right where you have it! Kudos to you my friend. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's AWESOME! so perfect for a bibliophile like you. great job. now i want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it just where it is as everyone will recognize a real book lover the first thing in the door!!! I have some old books here which could probably be made into a beautiful antique looking wreath. Interested? Check out the Charles Dickens books next time you are staying over in the front bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool and crafty, Kristine! Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving!

    -Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...