11.08.2011

Chopped

Ever need to feel better about yourself? Go get a drastic haircut and go to work the next day.


I got so many compliments yesterday on my new 'do, I felt like a celebrity! People stopped me in the halls, the cafeteria ladies swarmed me, coworkers were throwing around words like "sassy" - it was the best!

All the better, because this is not what was meant to happen when I went for my annual hair appointment. Yep, I manage to get about one haircut a year, partly because I'm lazy and cheap, and partly because my favorite hair stylist in all the way down in Peachtree City and I'm too scared to experiment with someone new, albeit closer. I have a weird rule about only letting curly-haired girls cut my hair. We share a bond. They know what I go through, something straight-haired people just will never understand.

Anyway, I sat down in the chair and I swear the conversation went like this.

Stylist: So how much length do you want to take off?
Me: Oh, let's cut it about shoulder length.
Stylist: Okay, great! I'll cut it a little longer than that so when it dries and the curls pull up, it will hit your shoulders.
Me: Perfect!

And then I got this short, sassy cut instead. So NOT what was just discussed! Although, full disclosure, I love my hair stylist and usually tell her to do whatever will look best and always end up thanking her for not listening to a word I say if I ever try and give my own opinion. And this case is no exception. Thanks, Lora! I love it! As does the rest of my school, apparently!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...