11.27.2011

Back to Reality

Well, it's after 9 p.m. on Sunday, the last day of the Thanksgiving break, and I'm feeling down. I assume that's a normal feeling. Anyone else with me? I mean, no sane person is actually excited to go back to work after a nine-day break from reality, right?

I have yet to crack open the school bag I optimistically dragged home with me. I guess I should just throw the towel in on that one.

I'm trying to remember how awesome this week was, how relaxing it felt, how much I got done, to make myself feel better about the fact that it's over.

I read two books - Kitchen Confidential (finally finished it after Matt stole my Kindle and read the whole thing in three days flat) and The Tale of Despereaux (spelled it right on the first try!). We cleaned out and organized the bonus room. Oh, and spent two uninterrupted hours lounging in Starbucks while someone else cleaned our house before Thanksgiving - now that is living in luxury!

We hosted the feast and got to spend some lovely family time with some of our favorites. Matt and I got to be adults (not just parents) for three days sans Violet, highlights of which included date night, movie watching, and cleaning out the bonus room (we're hot like that).

I decorated for Christmas, and just tonight the exterior decorations started going up despite the threat of rain. I ordered some presents and got the cards addressed and stamped. Dinner for tomorrow night (chili) is done and in the refrigerator. Violet had a good day playing with our neighbors (despite the fact that 87 percent of what comes out of her mouth right now involves the word "no").

Busted.
It has truly been a wonderful break and I am so thankful and blessed. Now to survive the next three and a half weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...