11.24.2011

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We've just wrapped up a wonderful day of family, food and fellowship. We hosted this year, but with everyone contributing so many delicious dishes, it hardly seemed like much work. I'm especially thankful we got to share the day with Lukas and Danielle, who were back Stateside for the holiday for the first time in several years. It's so nice when the family gathers around the table, don't you think?

This year I'm also so grateful for my loving and supportive husband and family, good health, a job (I know, I complain and stress about it, but I know how fortunate I am), and this sweet girl. I have so many blessings in my life.

Striking a pose in some holiday finery.

We had to buy new plates because we didn't have enough matching ones to host everyone! Loving our new look - thanks Ikea!
The Thanksgiving family.

Our tree of thanks - everyone took a leaf and wrote what they were grateful for this year.

Post-meal with the ladies - a neighborhood walk on a beautiful afternoon.

Post-meal man-style - laptop/tv/Kindle Fire/smartphone zone-out.

This Thanksgiving also happened to be Lukas' 29th birthday, so his pumpkin pie came decked with a candle.
Violet really wanted to try on Danielle's cowboy boots...
Looking good, sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...