3.01.2014

5 Months

For one day this week, I had a four-year-old and a four-month-old. And then this happened:


Yep, I'm the proud mom of a five-month-old. Nevermind the fact that this picture was taken a week late and with bed head. Annie still seems pretty pleased with herself. What a sweet girl.

This past week has been a bit of a doozy. Annie broke out in a weird, hivey rash that would show up, earn me a call from daycare, and then disappear before I could find a substitute teacher and pick her up. It came and went so often and mysteriously that when my after-school meeting was cancelled on Tuesday, I took the opportunity to take her to the doctor. Long story short, the rash is still mysterious, but now we're treating it with allergy medicine and switching detergents (that's what I get for trying to be fancy with my free and clear organic detergent - going back to good old Tide). Since she started taking it, Annie hasn't broken out anymore, although daycare reports it is making her fussy and restless. So we are praying that her little body adjusts and the meds will be short-term.

Other than that, Annie is awesome. She loves eating baby food, far more than she even likes her bottles these days. She gets fruit at school and veggies at the dinner table and she loves getting to eat at the adult table with us. She loves kicking her feet in the air and grabbing them. She's reaching and babbling and laughing at her big sister. At her appointment on Tuesday she weighed in at 16 lbs 11 oz. I have no idea where that falls percentage-wise, but my neck and back will tell you that's pretty solid!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...