4.03.2012

Where a Kid Can Be a Kid

Being back in my parents' house has made me revert back into a 15-year-old. Hopefully a less annoying one. But just as lazy and self-absorbed as ever. As a spring break mini-vacation, it has been wonderful. Exactly what I needed. My mom has been playing nanny, albeit the world's least paid one. Seriously, I have barely seen Violet since we arrived here. They have been going nonstop from trips to the park and down to the lake to feed the ducks to having picnics on the porch. All while I'm shopping or taking myself out to lunch or just laying on the couch reading Harry Potter and not lifting a single parenting finger.

And not only is my mom entertaining our little friend non-stop, she's also back to caring for her 31-year-old "teenage" daughter. She brings me snacks on the porch. She cooks dinner and cleans up the dishes in my wake. I'm encouraged to go upstairs for nap time. She forces me to eat ice cream every night while we watch silly reruns of "Everybody Loves Raymond". Violet and I are both in for a rude awakening when we head home tomorrow.

Here are some highlights from today. (I'll leave out the real high points - me on the couch, Kindle in hand, completely absorbed in my book, or me wandering aimlessly but joyfully through Target - as they don't make for interesting viewing.)

Little sis Nicki and I head out to see The Hunger Games.
Discovering the community garden just down the street. Oh, and I finally joined instagram.
A brief sighting of Violet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...