4.01.2012

Hello Spring Break!

Yesterday I dropped Violet off at her Mimi's house so I could enjoy a little getaway with my book club besties, just in time to kick off my spring break. We didn't get away far, just dinner at Serenbe (remember that place?), a showing of The Hunger Games, and then a restful night at the Loughman B&B. (Matt's parents graciously lent us their home for a night so we girls could have a sleepover together. My sweet MIL even stocked the fridge for us!)

It's always so nice to spend some time with good friends. We're all so busy these days, but book club is sacred and it always brings us together once a month. And I'm continuously reminded of the importance of treasuring and nurturing these friendships. It's right up there with nurturing and treasuring my me-time. Which is what I'll be doing this spring break.

Violet and I are spending a few days at my parents' house, which translates into lots of free babysitting for me. I plan to spend a few blissful hours shopping without having to remind Violet to sit down in the cart every two minutes. I might even take a book to a coffee shop and read uninterrupted, stopping only to smile indulgently at the self-important teenage girls that will flock around their caffeinated blended beverages hotly debating Team Gale versus Team Peeta. Even the teeth-gritting idea of a Walmart errand run seems relaxing when I know I won't have to tote Violet around with me. It's such a luxury to have doting grandparents close by.

Doing some exploring.
Throwing sticks in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...