12.05.2011

O Christmas Tree

This year we were determined to start the tradition of going out to a tree farm to cut our own tree. We headed back to the beautiful Kinsey Family Farm to go all lumberjack on a fine, upstanding sapling to call our own.

Kinsey Family Farm... same place we got our pumpkins this year.

Good advice. My house smells delicious now!





Getting ready for the tractor ride into the tree fields.

Checking out the trees we ultimately rejected.
So here's the deal with tree farms. The reason I've never tried too hard to cut my own tree is because I just don't love the types of cypress Christmas trees that grow in Georgia. Growing up we always had a Frasier Fir, and to me, that's just what a Christmas tree is supposed to look like. I had a feeling we'd get out to the farm, saw in hand, and I'd reject the fine options presented to me. And indeed, it happened. Matt agreed, and even Violet didn't seem overly impressed. The good news is, the Farm brings in all sorts of lovely pre-cut Frasier Firs that you can choose from as well, and we found the perfect one for our home. So it's the best of both worlds - tree farm experience, tree we want. And every tree purchase comes with a lovely pewter ornament to commemorate the year. Plus everyone who works at Kinsey is so nice and helpful. We loved it there, we loved the tree we came home with, and I can't wait to get it up and sparkling!



The best of the failed attempts to take a family self-portrait.

Tree success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...