12.03.2011

December

Happy December! I know, I'm late. Things have been a little busy lately. For one thing, I had to make a Christmas tree. As if going back after Thanksgiving for three wild and crazy weeks weren't enough, each class was also tasked with decorating a tree for our annual Breakfast with Santa PTA event.

The poster board template was white, and as far as I was concerned, it just seemed simplest to keep it that way, so I decided... snowman! While most teachers just toss the whole project to their room moms, I took pity on mine when my own wonderful mom and mother-in-law offered to help put the project together over Thanksgiving. And thus, our jolly snowman was born. (Those red circles are pictures of my kiddos.) Not bad for a first-time effort, I say.


The irony of the whole thing is that the day I turned my completed tree in, I picked up Violet and was promptly handed another tree template with instructions to decorate it for daycare. Ha! At least I have some experience (and leftover "snow").

Violet's new "tatet" (jacket).

As for Violet, she has learned to jump with both feet at the same time, and to say "wha-ah me!" (watch me!) whenever she wants to show off her new skill. I have no idea what to get her for Christmas, or what Santa will bring her. I've been trying to explain the jolly guy to her, but so far she seems unimpressed. Snowmen are far more interesting than a creepy fat man with a beard.

Speaking of beards, Matt the lumberjack is back. He's got quite an impressive array of facial hair and Violet has been trying to grasp the concept. She ran her hand over Matt's prickly cheeks while we explained the beard one morning. To see whether she grasped the idea, I asked her if I had a beard. Violet petted my smooth cheek and proclaimed "yes!" Thanks kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...