1.09.2012

Tidbits

I can't believe how exhausted I was after only two days of school! Saturday night I fell asleep on the recliner mid-sentence, practically. I was so bummed to head back to school after such a delicious break. The good news is, it only took ten minutes with the kids back in the room for those feelings to fade into memory as the business of teaching was quickly recalled. An hour in and I could barely even remember what vacation felt like!

Mornings at our house.

I'm actually looking forward to starting this week, because we'll finally be back into a routine. The supper club spent last week on hiatus and it was terrible! I didn't see my neighbors! I had to cook for myself! Horrible! I think dinner one night was a bowl of oatmeal and another meal consisted of some hummus and cereal. Total bummer. So I'm looking forward to having everyone over tonight for a spaghetti feast. Small group also kicks off this week and I can't wait to see everyone and dive back into the Word - it's a different type of nourishment, but just as necessary.


Accomplishments from the weekend include: rearranging our bedroom furniture (I love rearranging furniture!), spontaneously buying new lamps for our living room at Costco (I swear it's impossible to leave that store for under a hundred bucks), starting my new year's resolution (Harry Potter 1, chapter 1, check!), and ordering Violet's custom birthday invitations! (I know, I'm six weeks ahead of schedule, but I wanted to cross it off the list before things get too crazy around here.)

This last one I'm really excited about. I knew I wanted my friend Natty to design Violet's invitations ever since I saw some of the cute invitation artwork she's been posting lately. But what was going to just be an invitation turned into the entire theme of the party! I don't want to give away too many details now, but suffice to say it is a super cute idea that should be pretty simple to pull off. With a few more details, we should be all set for my little girl's big birthday! (Let's just ignore the fact that she'll be turning two, okay. That thought I can't deal with yet!)

Playing in the yard with a new favorite friend. This girl switches allegiances faster than a two-faced politician!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love her hair! I cannot believe ho big she is!! She looks like such a lady in the second picture there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...