1.19.2012

Thanks, Ya'll

I just wanted to write a quick note of thanks to my readers for two reasons...

You all had such sweet sympathies over the loss of our pet. Thank you for your kind words - it's nice to know people care. (Even those of you who had up close and personal experiences with her craziness still had nice things to say about Spooky.)

And I had so much positive feedback (mostly on fb) in response the the Marking Time post, from far and wide, from people I didn't even know stumbled upon this little ol' bloggy of mine. So that was nice, too. It seems like many of us moms and parents are in the same boat. And sometimes it's just nice to have company in that boat, to feel a little less alone, even if the water is still springing through the leaks at times.

It's sad to me that we moms seem to take such pleasure in comparing ourselves, criticizing each other, competing to be better, healthier, thriftier, more organic, or holier, when really, it turns out many of us feel quite the same way when you strip it all down. It can get outright vicious out here in blog land sometimes. (Not here-here, but you know what I mean.) Imagine if we all supported each other and carried each other through the tough times, instead of hurling verbal stones and rolling our eyes with hidden jealousy.

Anyway. I'll climb off my soapbox and leave you with a picture of breakfast in our house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...