8.13.2010

TGIF

Happy Friday! Can you believe we've survived a whole week? There's something to be said for working... you certainly do appreciate your weekends, especially when Friday kicks off with jeans day at work. This week, I managed to catch, suffer from and ultimately kick the ass of a cold. Violet ate carrots. I cooked my very first eggplant. Fact: eggplants are slimy when cooked. And they have tons of little seeds. I did not know. I'm not sure I'm wild about it.


Violet has a new-found fascination with thighs. Other people's thighs. She spent a good five minute lovingly stroking Emily's leg the other day. She was even able to multitask - reach for a toy with one hand, rub Emily's leg with the other. Fortunately Emily didn't mind too much. I've decided that Emily is going to be Violet's Fairy Godmother. She can stand in while Violet's for-real Godmother is off in Chile. As a bonus, Emily's first act as Fairy Godmother was to bring my child a stack of clothes off the clearance rack at Target. Love!

So my classroom is slowly perking up. I went with red and black as my color scheme, for obvious reasons (the fact that the bulletin boards were already covered in red fabric was a nice incentive).

Word Wall... Can you spell U-G-A?

 The other bulletin board: Loughman's Ladybugs!

Violet came to the school's ice cream social on Tuesday and got to meet many of the first grade teachers. She wowed them, naturally, and was pronounced "a doll" by everyone. I also just discovered that five out of the nine of us have January birthdays, one even shares my date. I find that quite odd.

So I hope everyone has a nice weekend. We have nothing planned. Zero. I can't wait! I might sleep in until 7:30 am! (How did this become my life?) I am also in desperate need of some clothes that actually fit me. So perhaps there will be shopping. And sleeping. Seriously, how did this become my life? Still, I'm kinda loving it.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it through the first week! Those ladybugs are too cute. I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the blog! :-) Aww, Violet lovingly stroking my leg was so sweet - who wouldn't want to be her Fairy Godmother ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredibly proud of you. True story.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...