8.23.2010

Monday's Child

26 Weeks


I snapped this photo a little late today because we just finished cleaning up dinner. It's official, I have mastered the famous Fortunato spaghetti and meatballs. I have a feeling it will be in heavy rotation on the neighborhood supper club menu. Everyone came over today and we had a great time, as always. It's so nice to linger around a table after a good meal, talking, listening to the wild young boys shrieking in the living room, forcing each other to finish the last meatball because the poor thing looks lonely... The best part is, I don't have to cook or even think about what to make the next two nights in a row. Hell, I won't even have dishes to do! It's not a bad system. All I need is a few more dishes under my belt that I can confidently whip up and we'll be set to go.

Sorry for hijacking the post that way. You really tuned in to see Violet in all her 26-week glory. She had green beans for the first time today. She liked them. Of course. Any guesses on what she'll weigh in at tomorrow? I'm a little nervous about taking her for shots and then having to drop her off at daycare. Especially since I have a grade level meeting in the afternoon and will be picking her up almost an hour late. Dad is on stand-by in case she needs to come home early but I'm hoping that she breezes through the day with style.

And speaking of style, check out the eyelashes...


2 comments:

  1. Just a little tip from another full time working mom...I always schedule my kids well checks (especially the ones with shots) on Friday afternoons so that if they get a fever or don't feel well, I won't have to take time off work! Hope she does well and you have a great day. It sounds like you guys have a busy week!

    By the way, what is with the dinner rotation? Details please! Do you guys each take turns and then go to each other's house one night a week? or just prepare a meal that everyone can get...I love this idea!

    Marilyn Munford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn, good plan. This appointment was scheduled before I knew I had a job, but in the future you are correct - I'll be taking the latest appointment I can get! Daddy is on stand-by just in case Violet needs some extra cuddles after her shots.

    As for the supper club, there are three of us (all neighbors, we live in the middle) and we basically take turns cooking and hosting dinner at our houses. Sometimes the others will contribute a side dish, but for the most part, one family does all the cooking for one meal, then everyone helps clean up, watch the kids, etc. Then the next day we're off to someone else's house. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...