8.16.2010

Monday's Child

25 Weeks!

 Watch out world, this girl is comin' at'cha!

We had a nice, relaxing weekend to celebrate the first week of school. I shopped (mildly successfully) for some new work clothes. I also decided our Avenue is pretty much a bust. I like DSW and The Loft, but those are about the only stores I care for. Although I did score a pair of work-appropriate sandals at New York & Co for a mere five bucks, so I guess I can't complain too much.

I had a bit of a revelation Saturday. Matt was off to help Travis transport a grill (that's what happens when you're the friends with the truck) so I had Violet all to myself for a good four hours. Thirty minutes in, I was exhausted! I forgot what it's like to have her on my own for such an extended period of time! And to think, just a few weeks ago, that was my every day! I gotta say... I was a little bored. Apparently I am meant to be a working mom. And since I am a working mom, it was a nice discovery to make. Matt will be getting a little taste of the stay-at-home life this Saturday, when I head to Athens for my last grad school class for a good eight hours. I have a feeling he'll be calling in the reinforcements.

What else? Oh yes, Violet had peas for the first time on Sunday. Loved them! Next up, the sippy cup! Also, we dressed her as a boy Saturday night (can't let perfectly good hand-me-downs go to waste). Besides, we're not all blue-is-for-boys, pink-is-for-girls gender stereotypists. Freedom in America, as my mom says.


Still pretty! This week is shaping up nicely. Dinner with one neighbor Tuesday, we're hosting dinner Wednesday, off to the other neighbor's for Thursday dinner, and then pizza night on Friday. Not too shabby! And with that, we're back to the grind.

PS Here's a shout-out to my two newest followers! Welcome to the club,  y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...