12.27.2010

Monday's Child

44 Weeks

 
Violet has discovered the point-and-whine. And boy is she good at it. Fun times. I'm never exactly sure what she's pointing at or whining for. She sure seems to know, however, and expresses great disapproval when I can't figure it out fast enough. So this phase will last for, oh, the next five years or so?

Yesterday Matt and I left Violet with Mimi while we went to the movie theater for the first time in over a year (we saw Harry Potter, in case you were wondering). It was so nice to just be off by ourselves, doing something we wanted to do. We've really got to start using babysitters! Although by the time we pay the sitter, buy the movie tickets, eat dinner... talk about an expensive date night. But it was definitely a nice treat for us last night. It's funny how I used to be so nervous leaving her. We took off last night with barely a second thought. Part of it is that I know Violet loves being with my mom. And I'm used to leaving her every day at daycare. Plus she's so much sturdier now, not the helpless, fragile infant she used to be. It's amazing how much she's changed in just 10 short months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...