12.13.2010

Monday's Child

42 Weeks


It's been an eventful few days around Casa de Loughman. Now that Violet knows how to crawl, there is nothing stopping her! I think she was just waiting to show off her new skill until she had it perfectly mastered. And the interesting thing is, now that she can crawl, she has turned into the most contented baby. She used to freak out if you so much as made a move to leave her side. Now if I have to get up and do something, she looks at me like, "that's cool, Mom, go ahead - I can follow you if I feel like it". The last couple times I picked her up from school, she was so happy playing and moving around, she didn't even seem overly interested in coming home. You might think this would make me feel bad, but I am thrilled. It sure beats her seeing me and bursting into tears because I've finally come to rescue her.

And on that note, I've had a couple questions about whether Violet still cries when I put her in her car seat. The answer is: nope! I think she was going through some separation anxiety. I would finally come get her from school, only to immediately abandon her in the backseat by herself. It was bumming her out. But she has grown out of that and is now back to being happy as a clam when I buckle her in.

I'll have to post some pictures of our Christmas tree. We finally got it this weekend, our first Christmas tree (first real one, first one as a family, first one period!) I was so excited to start decorating until... we ran out of lights halfway through. I had no idea it would take so many! I really thought we'd bought enough. But no worries, we scooted over to Walmart to pick up another box. Only to realize, Walmart was completely out of white lights. Lowes, out. CVS, Michaels, Big Lots, Home Depot, out. Everywhere Matt checked on Sunday was completely depleted. I thought we were going to have to throw in the towel and just restring the tree with what we had until my fabulous husband found the last two boxes in all of Forsyth County at Walgreens. So now our tree shines brightly. It also stands on our coffee table so Violet can't grab it, eat it, or pull it down. Hopefully.


1 comment:

  1. See, I can't wait for Miles to start crawling. I feel like he'll be a completely different baby! Congrats Violet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...