12.26.2010

Christmas Wrap-Up

Ah, Boxing Day! I'll admit, I'm not really sure of the significance of this day, but we're enjoying it all the same. We enjoyed our Christmas, too! Here how Christmas Even went down, Fortunato style...

In her Christmas Eve best, ready to head out to the candlelight service. 



Waiting to open presents.

Violet decided she couldn't wait and got a head start without us.

One of her favorite presents this year, the singing mailbox.

Great minds think alike!
Christmas Eve in the Fortunato household turned out to be quite the event, as always. We spent a long afternoon getting to catch up and hang out with the family. Tatum and I enjoyed our annual book talk, where we discuss the best we've read all year and compare notes on our writing lives. Violet and Danielle got to hang out and my sweet sister-in-law showed off her ability to rock the baby to sleep. As the afternoon turned to evening, we feasted, headed to church, then regrouped around the Christmas tree for the present opening. In this house, we take turns unwrapping, youngest to oldest, with much oohing and ahhing in between. I think I speak for everyone when I say a good time was had by all. Then we headed to bed to rest up for the next day's festivities, Christmas 2.0 at the Loughman's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...