12.05.2010

Humbug? What Humbug?!

So I apologize if lately the blog has been a little bit grumpy. And maybe it hasn't been, but my attitude sure has. Something about the holidays stresses me out! But finally, finally, I can say with a huge sigh of relief that we had such a good weekend!

First of all, I'm done with graduate school! I turned in my final papers and attended my last class on Saturday. It was actually a little bittersweet. I've been on this journey with a group of really incredible people, and it was sad to say goodbye to them. I'll especially miss some of the wonderful professors and mentors I've met through my time in the program. They are all wonderful examples of how to be outstanding teachers and just all around good people. It's been a privilege. That being said, it's still a thrill to be done, although since I'm not going to graduation (can't take the day off work, can't spend the 90 bucks on a cap and gown) it doesn't feel quite real yet. Maybe when my diploma shows up in the mail...

I also placed a huge Amazon order this weekend, and in one fell swoop managed to start and almost complete my Christmas shopping. Talk about a huge weight lifted off my shoulders!

Getting the hang of this whole Santa-thing.

 Another biggie crossed of the ol' to-do list: we got our house decorated! We were at a bit of a loss as to how we wanted to decorate, seeing as this is our first Christmas in a house. But finally we came up with an elegant, simple design and Matt executed it to perfection. Hopefully the neighbors won't be ashamed of us. We have a few more touches we can add, but at least we don't look like the House That Scrooge Built!


And perhaps most importantly, Violet was an absolute treasure this weekend. I love her always, and she's always such a good girl. But Thanksgiving was rough and we've been in recovery mode ever since. Well, this weekend her appetite finally came back full force, she slept in every morning, talked and danced and learned how to stick her tongue out on command. I love my sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...