4.21.2010

A Perfect Storm

We are currently experiencing a big first... Matt is out of town on business. It's the first time he's been away from the baby, and I think we're all a little on edge because of it. I mean, is it really a coincidence that yesterday Violet was a complete cranky pants? The only time she wasn't crying was when she was sleeping or eating. And then naturally, she was wide awake in the middle of the night, with only me to comfort her. When Matt called, I promptly told him to enjoy this trip because it will be his last. I relented somewhat when he texted me pictures of the baby gifts his co-workers got him. And it helps that today has started out on a much better foot than yesterday, so there is still hope for the remaining time.

When I found out Matt had this trip, I immediately made plans to hightail it to Peachtree City. I am not ready to be a single parent yet! I was going to stay at the Loughman's, but in a random turn of events, Lee Anne was going out of town. So I decided to head to the Fortunato's. But an certain volcano meant that my Swedish relatives would still be in the house. I mean, could more things occur in one week? A perfect storm. But my mom insisted I still stay, so we are enjoying a house crammed full of people (all of whom adore my baby girl, despite her temperament). And thank goodness for Jen! She hung out with me all day Monday and put up with Little Miss Cranky Pants. She even brought a present!

Isn't this artwork amazing?! Ah Jen, another one of my creative, crafty friends! Handmade just for baby Violet.

I'm starting to wonder... is Violet really being as cranky as I think she is, or am I just more sensitive to it because we're surrounded by so many people? Normally it's just the two of us hanging out at home, so when she fusses, I'm the only one who has to hear it. But now I feel like she needs to always be on her best, most adorable behavior so other people can see how wonderful she is. But maybe they don't care if she cries a little here or there. Hmm...

And speaking of people, Violet has been meeting quite a few new faces lately! Some that I've managed to capture on camera:

We stopped by The Citizen so Violet could meet some old friends from back in my working days. It was one of those moments when she was cranky, but Jean didn't seem to care. Trust another mom to want to hold your crying child and actually enjoy it! And look - Violet actually seemed to enjoy it too!

 Brian and Kelly made the long trek to Olde Atlanta to see our new house, new baby. Adorable! They are going to make good parents some day, even if Kelly was still a little nervous to hold the baby while standing! (She eventually did and no one fell over - I knew she could do it!)

 Grandpa isn't a new face, but this picture was too funny, I had to add it. Ah, the sleepy-heads! We put them both to bed shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...