4.06.2010

Mommy's Day Out

Yesterday was a big day for both me and Violet. When my friend Jody called and suggested pedicures to celebrate spring break, of course I agreed. My poor feet have been needing some TLC big time. And to sweeten the deal, Jody offered up her mom as a babysitter for Violet. This is a good deal, indeed. Gayle is fabulous. She always watches her granddaughter and grandson, so I knew Violet would be in excellent hands.

Being introduced to her babysitters...

Considering it was the first time I've left her with anyone other than family, and for any reason other than a quick run to the grocery store, I thought I did pretty good! Jody, her niece Caroline and I enjoyed a lovely girl's day out getting our nails done. It was Caroline's first trip to the nail salon and she loved her purple sparkly polish! Then we were off to grab some Mexican food. It wasn't until halfway through lunch that I started getting antsy to see my girl.


Caroline's fancy mani-pedi
Once we got back to Jody's, the report was that Violet was perfect. Meaning, she slept the entire time, of course! But everyone adored her and took turns holding her. Joey, Jody's nephew, all of one-and-a-half years old, even helped out by pushing her in the swing, bringing her the pacifier and helping hold her bottle while she ate! And she got invited back anytime I need a babysitter. So all in all, a good day! Although as soon as we got home, I couldn't wait to do anything but hold her the rest of the day. And considering how much she slept, we weren't in too bad of shape. She woke up around 4:30 that afternoon and stayed up until 10:30! Fortunately, there was only one nighttime feeding, so we're back on a roll...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...