4.13.2010

Hello Spring!

So I guess spring is officially here! I know it formally arrived a few weeks ago, but for me, it wasn't official until our cherry tree burst into bloom.


Beautiful!

Ah spring. I'm glad the weather has warmed up a bit. For one thing, I've had to pack up all Violet's newborn clothes, and everything in the next size up is definitely made for warmer temperatures. That being said, there are some way cute outfits about to make their debut!

And thank goodness for the sun, because we had a very busy weekend around here. First of all, Violet attended her very first birthday party! Our little neighbor turned two years old and celebrated with a cowboy-themed bash. I told Matt we had to pay attention so we'd know what is expected for kids' birthday parties, but the bar was set pretty high with this one. There were hay rides, a bucking bronco in the horse corral, and a huge bowl of cheese puffs. I haven't had a cheese puff in years, but I certainly made up for it on Saturday. Those things are good.

My Texas cowboy hat finally comes in handy! Violet wasn't too sure about my fashion statement, however. That or my breath smelled like cheese puffs.

After the party at the neighbors', we had our own little bash to celebrate the purchase of Matt's new grill! Violet got to meet some of our friends for the first time, and Matt got to show off his mad cooking skills.

Rebecca and Violet, friends at first sight! (Seriously, why won't that girl smile for me like that?!)

 Matt helms the grill in a fancy plaid shirt leftover from the cowboy party.

Then my friend Joanna and her son Noah made a surprise visit! It's the first time I've seen him since Joanna and her family moved to Tulsa soon after he was born. Fun fact - I was pregnant at Joanna's baby shower but no one knew yet. It was surreal... I was freaking out because a good half of the presents she opened, I had no idea what they were for. I was already sure I'd be a horrible mom! But it all worked out... babies educate you fast!

Noah is awesome! So happy, holding his head up, almost crawling... I can't wait until Violet gets to be that age. Hopefully she's that good natured, too!

Proud mammas with their good-looking babies! Future boyfriend-girlfriend, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...