4.02.2010

Good Friday

I feel like it's been a while since I've been on here. Sorry everyone. We've had a rough couple days over here. It's funny, I say they've been rough. They have actually been pretty good. Grandma was up for a visit earlier in the week. Grandpa Frank made a surprise stop-in yesterday (one of the only times Violet calmed down was when he held and talked to her). But a cranky evening seems to have a way of erasing any memories of a good morning.

I don't know what's up with my little girl these days. She has gone from a sleepy head who has to be prodded awake during the day just to eat, to a wide awake kiddo who can't seem to nap for more than 20 minutes at a time. That does not leave a lot of free time for this mommy. Just when I congratulate myself on getting her to bed, I start to hear her little whimper. The poor thing must be exhausted, but her wide open eyes will dart around, looking for something. Although it was sweet yesterday when I went to rescue her from the pack n' play. She spotted me, stopped crying and gave me the biggest grin. Aw.

I think it's tummy trouble. Perhaps she's so uncomfortable, she just can't sleep. Yesterday Matt came home just in time for her to start wailing... and pooping. Big time. We had to take shifts holding her just so the other person could grab a few bites of dinner. The pacifier was not pacifying. It was too hot in the house. I was exhausted and emotionally spent. It's not fun when your kid starts wailing just after you feed her. You start wondering if your boobs are defective. I take it very personally. And it's not fair that Matt, after a long day at the office, has to come home and put in another "work" day. But after putting up with it all day, I'm dying for a break. Someone told us it all gets easier at six weeks, but as Matt said, three weeks was way better than this.

I'm hoping today, Good Friday, really is good. Or at least better.

More fun post, with pictures, to follow. Thanks for letting me complain.

2 comments:

  1. I think that this was about the time that Clark started getting tummy trouble due to my intake of dairy. It took some experimentation and online reading to figure out, but was worth foregoing anything milk related not to have him scream. Probably not at all related, but just in case now you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've already cut out milk (although I can't bear to cut out ice cream just yet). We'll see... Things have actually gotten better, so perhaps ice cream can stay on the menu for now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...