4.26.2010

Jesus Loves the Little Children

Eight weeks ended in a big way for us. We took Violet to Travis and Wendi's awesomely 80's karaoke wedding shower and the baby met a few new faces. She loved every minute there!

 Great photo, Scott Butterworth!

Then I dropped her off at Grandma and Grandpa Loughman, where rumor has it they all had a lovely time together. She played on her play mat, slept in Grandpa's arms, and was treated to a bottle by Grandma.

Then on Sunday, Violet got baptized!


She was baptized at the church where my dad is the worship leader, Turin United Methodist. All the grandparents were there, along with my Swedish relatives (much thanks to the volcano for allowing them to stick around long enough to witness the blessed event). It was a very sweet moment. Matt and I haven't found a church home up on the northside yet, although Violet is finally old enough that I feel comfortable taking her into a Sunday service. So we'll be getting on that. But in the meantime, it was very special to have her baptized in a church that holds meaning for my dad. Everyone there loves him, and so they just naturally welcomed us with open arms as well.


Pastor Griff made me very comfortable when he admitted that he loves it when kids are in the service, ruckus and all. Fortunately, Violet was so peacefully asleep that she didn't even notice the sprinkling of water on her head. But it's a day I know we'll always remember.

Turin United Methodist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...