1.12.2015

Flu


It has not been the greatest start to 2015. Violet has been out of school since Thursday at noon with what I'm assuming is the flu. I felt like I got hit by a truck around 4 p.m. on Saturday and was waiting for the doors to open at Urgent Care on Sunday with a high fever, chills, body aches, etc. And yes, we had the flu shot this year. I won with a positive flu test with a side of sinus infection. Woot!

Funny enough, two years ago this same time I was at Urgent Care and discovered I was pregnant with Annie, after they had done a pregnancy test that came back negative and given me a steroid shot, oops. The same doctor treated me this time and we reminisced about the event. I was happy to report Annie turned out just fine (and I imagine the doctor was a little relieved himself to hear it).

Anyway, I'm out of work for two days with the worst substitute plans ever and no energy to come up with anything better. Thank goodness for my wonderful team that can carry me through at times like this. And thank goodness for my mother-in-law and mom and husband, who are all pulling triple duty right now, keeping this ship running while I'm down and out. Hopefully I'll be feeling stronger tomorrow.

PS Did I mention our cat got outside and got himself stuck in a tree 30 feet in the air in the freezing rain? Yeah, good times. He's been up there for over 24 hours now. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...