4.21.2010

The Relatives Came!

The relatives came, all the way from Sweden! My mom's sister Anita and her husband Jan, and my Uncle Bosse and his wife Siv are all here, enjoying our great Georgia weather (when they left Sweden, there was still snow on the ground) and buying out our stores (seriously... there might not be anything left for the rest of us!) Their trip was extended by an entire week due to the volcano in Iceland, but hey, that just means more shopping and vacationing. (Not to mention, more baby-holding). Matt's business trip means I've gotten to spend more time with them than I originally thought, and that's always a good thing.

 Anita och Jan

Another good thing? All the candy they brought! When I heard they were coming, I had but one request - the largest bag of candy that would fit in a suitcase. And they delivered!

 Jag alskar godis!!! ("I love candy" for you non-Swedish speaking folks.)

There is something magical about Swedish candy. It makes our candy taste like crap. Ever had Swedish Fish? Yeah, the American version tastes like a rubber band discovered behind your cubicle desk after six years compared to the real thing from the Land of the Midnight Sun. And every store in Sweden has a smorgasbord of mix-and-match candy that puts our gumball stands to shame. When Matt and I visited Sweden a few years ago, we brought home a bag of candy and to make it last longer, we limited ourselves to one piece a day to savor. But we've been going a little crazy this time around. Matt is addicted and I'm an enabler. But it's just so good! I must figure out a way to order it online.

Siv och Violet

So here's a shout out to all my Swedish relatives who read this blog (and I know you do!) Jag alskar dej! And also, jag vill har potatis. Ja tack! Ja tack!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...