10.14.2011

So Long

I feel like it's been so long since I sat in front of this blog to write about what's been going on in the Loughman life. Well, things have been busy to say the least. I was warned that report card time would be nuts, but I had no idea. That plus preparing for parent-teacher conferences has me swamped. And it's not like the rest of my life goes on hiatus. Nope, I had a dentist appointment, dinner to cook and host, errands to run, a family to care for, you know, that other stuff.

I'd like to say that life will slow down after this, but it won't. One quarter ends and the new one begins with just as many demands as the first. And there are so many people who are still holding up my arms for me. Thank God. I'm really enjoying the small group we have joined. After the disaster that was finding a church (remember how excited I was? Yeah, epic fail. Violet was just not ready for the big-time nursery) I knew we needed something else. And this time, things are working out. (Crossing fingers, holding breath.) I like that it's small. I like that these are people I can actually get to know, share my heart with, pray with. I've put myself squarely on the prayer list each week, in fact!

Lately I've really been struggling with a lack of confidence and assurance when it comes to work. But on two separate occasions in the same day (thanks for making it so obvious, God!) I  had someone point out that those thoughts aren't from God, they aren't even from myself, they are straight from the devil. So I've been asking God to protect my heart and mind from those kinds of thoughts that are trying to pull me down. This verse has become a bit of a touchstone for me - I sit in the car and read it before I walk into the building:  

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Isn't that awesome? The peace of God will guard your heart and mind. I imagine this forcefield of peace settling around me, warding off all the negative thoughts Satan tries to worm into my head. As insanely difficult as this year has been already, I know God is using it for a mighty purpose. I've never done something so out of my comfort zone that I've had to totally rely on God to get me through. But that's exactly where I find myself now, and it's an amazing learning experience to go through - having to totally depend on Him.

Anyway, I don't want to be preachy. Sorry if you're turned off by any of this. I'm just trying to be honest about where I am and how I'm getting through. Maybe some of you have felt this way. Maybe it helps to know that other people go through the same thing. Maybe not. Maybe you just want to scroll to the bottom of this and get to the Violet pictures. Well, fine. Here you go! (Thanks for hanging in there with me!)

Love my daddy!

Girls' night out at McD's - how cute are the little baby french fry boxes now?!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Kestine! I'm sure you are an amazing teacher. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...