10.21.2011

Full Circle

Maybe it's the rapidly approaching holiday season... (Oh, you didn't know the holidays were right around the corner? Well, when you're as busy as I am (without another day off until Thanksgiving) you have to start planning the holidays early or they'll creep up and bite you on the butt. I just now managed to procure a Halloween costume for Violet and we're already halfway through October. But that's another story.)

Maybe it's the need to create and control something in my whirlwind life.

Whatever it is, I've been a little DIY obsessed lately. Not the actually "do" part, mind you. In my case, the D in DIY stands for Dream. But anyway, lately I've been dreaming about do-it-yourself wreaths. Check out the two I recently pinned over at Pinterest.

via Tanda Plain and Tall
Check out this amazing wreath made of coffee filters! That's right, coffee filters. How cheap and easy does that seem?! Now the only question is, how would it hold up? I'm concerned about the dust it would collect. Something this delicate seems difficult to keep clean. But how stunning would it look against a dark wall?

The other creation I keep coming back to is this:

via living with lindsay

It was made with a dollar store foam wreath and a one dollar paperback novel. That's right, this wreath is made from a ripped up book. I don't know why I find this idea so appealing - I love books! Maybe it's because my Kindle has made paper pages obsolete? Maybe because, despite my Kindle, I still want to find a way of preserving those pages?

What do you guys think? Should I make an attempt? Would it look right in my house? What fun DIY projects have you attempted (or dreamed about) lately?

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable and look super easy to make! I bet you could invite a few girls over and spend an afternoon together making them! I bet if you used a pencil (or a toothpick if the pencil hole is too big) to push the coffee filters or book pages through it would be super easy! You are right though, I don't know if it would hold up...you may have to store it properly in a wreath holder to ensure...although, the one make of book pages would fade over time and look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were to spray paint a couple layers of varnish over it them it would waterproof it and allow you to clean it by wiping it with a damp cloth.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...