10.03.2011

Germs

Well, it took two months, but I'm finally feeling the effects of all the germs that have been floating around. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and rapidly disintegrating voice. I'm soliciting all prayers for health and healing as I head into the week. And it's going to be a busy one. Report cards are coming up, meaning grades have to be taken and recorded and sorted through. Parent conferences are just a couple weeks away, and all these "firsts" have me just a little intimidated.

Maybe it's just because I wasn't feeling good, but Sunday had me feeling pretty low. It was such a beautiful weekend, crisp and chilly with the first hint of fall (welcome October!) that it really bummed me out to think about work. I was willing to do just about anything, including ironing, to keep me on the procrastination train!

Violet loves the new hoodie Mimi got her... she often refuses to take it off, regardless of the dubious fashion statements she sometimes makes as a result.

Fortunately, my mom was able to make a spontaneous trip to see Violet. I wanted to preserve as much of my voice as possible for school, which meant that someone else was going to have to talk and play with Little Girl. They had the best time together. Once Matt spilled the beans that Mimi was coming, Violet ran to the windows and kept calling for her "Moo Moo". They took long walks, went to the neighborhood playground twice, and in general had a wonderful time while I tried to rest and get things done (ahem, ironing).

Saturday was another great day. I headed to Atlanta to see my book club girls. We lunched on a patio beforehand and then watched Shutter Island. I liked the book better, big surprise. In fact, knowing the story almost made the movie lackluster. The book, however, was such a page turner, and I'm really glad I read it first before seeing the film. Anyway, after my ladies' day out, I came home to a spontaneous cook-out with our friends Travis and Wendi. We even rolled out the fire pit and burned off some yard clippings Matt had collected. The wind made things a bit too smokey (hmm, perhaps that's the culprit behind my sore throat) but it was still fun watching the flames and staying toasty.

So all in all, I can't complain about my weekend. Well, I wish it had lasted longer! But I'm so excited about the change in the weather, and glad my sweet girl got to spend such happy days with her favorite people. I got to see some good friends. And now I'm trusting God for a full healing of my body and strength and confidence for the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...