6.08.2010

Life with the Fortunatos

Violet and I spent a long weekend at my parents' house while Matt was off in Vegas for a bachelor party. Now that my mom has amassed so much baby gear, traveling has become a lot easier. Good thing too, because the weekend was nuts!

On Saturday, Violet and I got a chance to catch my little sister in action at her horseback riding lesson. She looked like a pro up there on her horse TJ. I'm not sure I'd ever have that much confidence.



 Self-portrait. The Baby Bjorn definitely came handy out on the horse farm. Violet enjoyed a nice little nap in there. And how hilarious is her expression in this picture? It's all "How you doin'?"

Violet also enjoyed her first taste of the famous Fortunato Sunday lunch, complete with the customary spaghetti and meatballs. The jury is still out on her opinion. Perhaps she got a little intimidated by the directive to "make it all gone!"


Lunch was part of an early Father's Day celebration with her Grandpa Frank. By the way, we're still trying to decide what Violet should call her grandpa. My mom goes by Mimi, so I'm thinking... Papi? Pop-Pop? The Granddaddy of Them All? Hmm... Perhaps a poll is in order.


Finally we got our chance to recreate Chitra's graduation so I could finally get a picture of her and Violet. (Some of you will recall how we had to bail on the graduation ceremony early due to the dumb@ss with the air horn.) But no matter, we got it done. Besides, I know Chitra was just looking for a good excuse to put that cap and gown on again.


The photo session was so much fun, next thing you know the whole family got involved!


Proud Grandparents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...