6.03.2016

Hello Summer...

I think we can make this bucket list happen. Also, fantastic handwriting!

So it is officially summer. I wrapped up school and life at DCE on Wednesday (still a little raw, not sure I can talk about the end of that era yet), then had two days of running errands and doctors appointments with the big kids while the little kid finished up daycare for the summer. It was nice to have a long Memorial Day weekend inbetween there - it helped get me in summer mode, even if I did have to slog through two more days of work (and moving six years of my life out of one building and into another).


As soon as Violet found out the pool was open for the season, she didn't give us a moments peace until we got her there. Fortunately the weather has been lovely and the water is perfect. It took her about five minutes to remember how to swim and tackle the waterslide. She has gotten so much braver than last summer. And even Annie, in her floaty, pretty much wants nothing to do with me in the water. I might actually get to relax at the pool for the first time in six years!


Fresh - it's what's for dinner.
Now, look closely. Does this look like the face of someone who has strep? I didn't think so, either. I finally got around to taking Violet for her six-year well-check (only four months late, oops) and while everything checked out great, the doctor wanted to do a strep test for her swollen glands. Wouldn't you know it, girlfriend was sick! I swear, my mommy radar is broken when it comes to illnesses. The one time I took Violet in at the first sign of trouble, all tests were negative. But let her run around fever-free, great appetite, no complaints, and next thing you know she has strep. Oh well. On the plus side, the doctor said we can start scheduling yearly well-checks in the summer now (ha!) and everything else was fine. Violet is in the 97th percentile for height, no surprise there.

First legit mani-pedi with Mommy!
Next week Big Sister starts Camp All American, so it will just be me and Annie by ourselves from 8 to 4 p.m. Potty Training Bootcamp begins (cue ominous music).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...