2.20.2012

Vote for Mrs. Loughman!

We've been learning about presidents in first grade, and naturally, this led to questions about how you become president. So we touched on elections a little and the qualities a good president needs. Then I told my students we'd be doing some persuasive writing and they we going to persuade me who would make the best president of all the people in our class. They could vote for themselves, for me or for someone else, as long as they had good reasons to back up the claim.

They were pretty convincing. See if you agree.  

(Edited for spelling, grammar, length, ability to form a complete sentence, punctuation, etc.)

I think Mrs. Loughman would make a good president. She always gives shortcuts on math.

I think Mrs. Loughman would make a great president. She is reliable because when she said something is going to be on our test it is. Also a peacemaker, when two friends are fighting she stops the fighting.

I think that Mrs. Loughman will be a good president. She is a good leader because she leads us to lunch and recess. She is sharing peace when people get in a fight.

I think Mrs. Loughman would make the best president. She is helpful because when we fall on the concrete she gives us a bandaid. She is nice because she gives us a sneak peek on a test. She is reliable because when she says words are on the spelling test they are. I hope you think she is the best president.

I think Mrs. Loughman would be a great president. I think she could talk in public because she can talk in front of 24 kids and she doesn't get scared at all. You have to be 30 years old and she is 31 years old.

I think my teacher will make an awesome president. You have to be a certain age and Mrs. Loughman is the age you need to be. When we are not listening and she is talking she makes whatever she says into a speech. Mrs. Loughman is polite. She is polite when she is mad and when she is stressed. At the beginning of the year my whole class made laws and she stuck to the laws. Will you vote for Mrs. Loughman?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...