2.28.2012

Feeling That Way Again

Yeah, that's about how I feel too.
I'm starting to get that overwhelmed feeling again. Grades are due. Report cards are swiftly upon me. I need more time to teach and I don't have it and my kids don't get it all yet and I'm feeling like I've let them down.

We're going through a crazy review process at work where all the teachers are being observed multiple times daily by outsiders and while everyone says not to stress about it, everyone is stressed.

Violet has suddenly started waking up at night again, wailing "I'm ready... I'm ready..." which is what she tells us whenever she's in time-out and remorseful. It takes a good ten minutes to calm her down, during which time both Matt and I have lost our cool.

I'm over-scheduled. Every weekend we have birthday parties, book clubs, get-togethers with friends. All of these things are wonderful. Except I'm overwhelmed with work and lack of sleep and a mountain of laundry and not able to really enjoy my life. I just keep doing, but not doing it well.

And what I really want to do is crawl in my bed with a book and a glass of wine and just not think for a while.

Have you ever felt that way? How did you dig yourself out? I know the Bible (and my neighbor) says don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself, but I can't let it go. Because my students aren't going to learn double digit subtraction unless I worry about it. And the birthday presents aren't going to get purchased and wrapped unless I worry about it. And dinner won't get to the table unless I worry about it. One day at a time isn't cutting it, because there's not enough time in that one day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Krisitne! Its like you speaking my mind!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...