2.14.2012

Party Planning

Command central.

We're celebrating Violet's birthday party this Saturday and the planning is underway.

Party planning stresses me out. I don't want to rely on the store-bought party theme pack. I want a fun party that will be worth the effort of those invited to attend, without having to go all out or break the bank. I want to keep it simple (and less stressful for me) but still have an obvious theme that's more than just balloons and cupcakes. I want to be crafty and cute and pintresty. But I'm just not. Plus, we're just a little busy around these parts.

Fortunately, I have crafty friends. They have lent their ideas, their party supplies, and their amazing artistic talents to help me cobble together something that will hopefully turn out simple and sweet and fun for all - a birthday breakfast!



I ordered up some custom invites by the fabulous Natty Michelle.  A doughnut cake tower is planned. The kids' craft is ready to go. In accordance with the jammies theme, the kiddos will be decorating their own pillows. I'm already regretting the idea of even having a craft, but it seems like the children's party thing to do. I imagine future parties will also be full of other typical activities that will only serve to make a mess (along with memories) like pinatas and makeovers. I should probably get used to it.

It will be mostly family, plus two sweet friends from Violet's school. For the record, the birthday girl is super excited. She's been practicing making her "two" fingers and when I ask her if she's going to have a birthday party she gives an excited "yes!" and immediately tells me the names of her friends who are coming to play.

Well, more details to come. I just wanted to give you a little taste!

3 comments:

  1. I recognize those dots and the diapers.com box! hehe Wish we could be there! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet idea!! Hope you guys have fun tomorrow :) Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on blogs, I love the posts from violet's party! You did a fab job!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...