10.24.2009

Happy Birthday Matt!

An Ode to My Husband
On the Occasion of His Thirtieth Birthday

I hope you'll all join me cheering
A big Hip Hip Hurray!
For my dearest husband Matt
Turns the big 3-0 today!

Even though he's all grown up
Matt still has the stuff
Here he is on the beach
Looking manly and buff


























(Seriously, what could be more manly than throwing a javelin?)


Some of you don't know this
But among his other feats
Matt is quite the master chef
Thanks to Alton and Good Eats!
(Matt's latest culinary success was cashew butter (like peanut butter, but with cashews) thanks to one of the hundreds of Good Eats episodes saved on our Tivo)

Sometimes it's the little things
That show how much Matt cares
Like how he walks in front of me
When we go down the stairs
(Just in case I trip and fall, you know... Being pregnant has made me clumsy!)

And when our baby cries at night
I know he'll be a winner
He's already used to getting up
When the cat throws up her dinner
(Seriously, Matt's ears are tuned for the sound of Spooky vomiting. I'll be sound asleep and all of a sudden Matt will be out of bed, running with a paper towel to clean up a hair ball. So sweet. I hope this also works when the baby cries at 3 a.m.)

For our stay-home date night
He went to the grocery store
And bought me alcohol-free wine
What girl could ask for more?


















(I didn't even know they made alcohol-free wine! It didn't really taste like wine, but it was nice nonetheless!)


Matt is so considerate
When we watch football on tv
He only drinks beer I don't like
So I won't be filled with envy
(Like Red Stripe. Gross.)

And although being pregnant
Has made me tired and boring
Matt doesn't mind, he even puts up
With my loud new pregnancy snoring
(Did you know being pregnant makes you snore? Apparently it does. Matt told me.)

Well, that wraps up this little rhyme
But i just wanted to say
I love you, Matt! I hope you have
A wonderful 30th birthday!

2 comments:

  1. BRAVO! Happy birthday Matt! That was an excellent poem, my dear Kristine. I like the photos and the added explanatory text as well!

    And may I also compliment the photographer who took the picture of the two of you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You MAY compliment the photographer! Great camera skills, btw... When I looked through all my pictures, it was still one of the cutest of us as a couple. That was a fun day... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...