10.12.2009

Going Bananas!

We have officially passed the halfway mark! And our baby is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Tomorrow we head to the doctor to determine X or Y, but I just couldn't wait that long, so I took it upon myself to take a few tests I found on the Internet. And you can believe everything you find on the Internet! Here's how the results shook out...

According to some Chinese calendar, it's a girl. This was based on some complicated formula of my age plus the month we conceived. Supposedly it's pretty accurate.

I found another test based on old wives tales for predicting gender. It asked questions like my fondness for OJ and if dad was also gaining weight. (Why Matt gaining sympathy weight would have any baring on what gender the baby is, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure those two factors don't correlate.) For the record, Matt is as fit as ever and apparently there is a 57 percent chance we are having a boy. Another gender predictor took the birthdates of mom and dad, plus the month of conception, and predicted boy.

And my favorite test of all, including such scientifically-based questions as which way I prefer to pick up a mug (by the cup or the handle) and which way I show someone my hand (palm up or down) gave me the stunning, totally reliable, ever so intelligent result of: 50/50! As Matt said, we should have just flipped a coin.

It should be noted that Matt refused to let me take the Drano test (you pee on some Drano and the color predicts the gender) because as he put it, there would be no gallivanting around with my pee if he had anything to say about it. We waited this long, we can wait some more. And there you have it. Apparently you fine folk seem to think we're having a girl while the Internet gives boy a slight edge. All will be revealed tomorrow! In the meantime, have yourself a banana and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...