9.14.2011

Sleep Study

You snooze, you lose I win.
Cross your fingers, folks, but I think Violet's sleeping issues are finally behind us. For the last several nights, she has gone straight to bed like the good ol' days. The first sign of a turn-around was when she whimpered when I left the bedroom, but at least I didn't have to pull a Super Nanny and scoot my way out the door - I walked out like the proud and tall homosapien I am. The next night, there wasn't a peep as I left her darkened room. And finally, the crown jewel, when I asked Violet if she was ready for bed the other night, she said yes and led the charge up the stairs and straight into her crib, happy to plop down with Elmo and Night-Night. As an added bonus, she has also stopped waking up in the middle of the night, demanding hours of attention.

I'm not sure what eventually did the trick. The fact that we ditched the night light? Having that darn tooth finally pop through? The dawning realization that The Parents rule this house and she must submit herself to our superior will?

All I know is, I'm sleeping more soundly (well, not really, but it has nothing to do with Violet and everything to do with first grade) and hoping it sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...