9.16.2011

Pause

Violet decided to sport a new hair do the other day - look how grown-up she seems with her hair all pulled back!
Don't let her fool you, she's only pretending she doesn't love the attention. (Note the double ponies she came home from school with.)
Why yes, I am cute, even with a mouth full of food!

I love the fact that I get to eat dinner (aka have someone else cook for me) with my neighbors four nights a week. But sometimes it's nice just to share the table with my two favorite people. On this particular evening, Violet was on a roll, sassing it up (must have been the new hair-do) and making us laugh all over our Chick-fil-a (because when the neighbors aren't feeding us, we spiral into a fast food frenzy - thank God we only have one night off during the work week!) It was one of those small, every day moments that I tried to stop and cherish as it moved by us and through us like water in a stream. As much as I want to push pause on life and just dwell in that happy night forever, I can't, but at least I can treasure my sweet girl's smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...