12.10.2017

Winter Wonderland

Backyard golf course view.

Early Saturday morning, I threw a jacket over my PJs, pulled on my rain boots, and set off into the pristine stillness. It rarely snows here in Georgia. It never snows this early in the season. And who knows if we'll see snow again. So I was intent on capturing my favorite version of a snow day - that early morning calm. Violet came with me, but I made her promise not to talk, ha! We must have gotten at least 3-4 inches of snow and it continued to drift down as we trekked up to the golf course and around to the front of the house. 

The rest of the day was filled with crossing stuff off the holiday to-do list, like wrapping books for all my first graders and doing a little spray painting and hot gluing to finish up the gifts the students are giving their families. We also had time for homemade pizza (Matt is becoming a master at making dough in our new stand mixer) and family movie night (Elf! One of the best!). The snow started melting once the sun came up, although there is still plenty on the ground. What a perfect weekend to enjoy our winter wonderland!

Our backyard.

Frosty!

All is Calm. All is White.
We love our new dark gray house color, even more so in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...